If you don’t know how to install Addon, read following documentation.
FootRollBreak is an addon that enhance Rigify rigs, adding FootRollBreak feature on existing rigify rigs.
FootRollBreak let’s your foot have a natural fold / unfold when you roll it.
- Install FootRollBreak addon, and activate it.
- Select your rigify rig, and got to armature data properties. A new panel is there :)
- Patch your rig (works on both Human & Pitchipoy rigs)
- A new panel can be found on 3D View properties panels (N), near other rigify panels.
- That’s it ! Enjoy :)
- FootRollBreak will remain enabled on your rig, even if you disable/remove the addon.
How to patch your rig ?
- Make sure that you select your rigify rig (not the metarig, the real rig, after rigify generation)
- On Armature Properties, find the new panel “Rigify FootRoll Break Patch”
- Patch your rig by clicking on button “Patch FootRoll Break” (works on both Human & Pitchipoy rigs)
- Button is now replaced by a text “already patched!”
- Enter Edit Mode on armature, adjust new bone “toe-top” to define toe rotation pivot point. Back to pose mode.
How to use your new FootRollBreak feature?
- FootRoll Break is Off by default. If you try to roll your foot, nothing happened.
- A new panel can be found on 3D View Properties
- Activate FootRollBreak (enable corresponding checkbox)
- Try to roll your again :
- At angle defined in parameter, your foot starts to take off, and your toes starts to unfold.
- At “angle max”, defined in parameter, your toes are totally unfolded.
- In some uncommon cases, foot have some unnatural motion path. In that case, you can tweak “corrective angle” to have a better movement.
Using FoorRollBreak with linked rigs
Same way you have to link rig_ui.py text for Rigify UI, you have also to link (and register) the 2 following texts ending with :
Current version works only on biped rigify (default Rigify Rigs for example), but doesn’t work with one-leg rigs, or more-than-2-legs rigs.
How to report bugs ?
You can report bugs on Issue Tracker
- v 1.0.0
- Date: 25 MARCH 2016
- Change logs:
- Initial release